question-icon

Are high autoantibodies indicative of type one diabetes?

Posted on Fri, 13 Nov 2020
Question: can you give me ur opion on my labs.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:

Please follow the explanation as below

Detailed Answer:

I will try to explain in simple words what I see concerning in your results.

1) The insulin autoantibodies are high which can be related to diabetes type-1
2) Glucose is high, it can be diabetes so an endocrinological assessment is required.

3) Thyroglobulin antibodies and thyroid peroxidase antibodies are also high. This means that the thyroid gland is attacked by autoantibodies. You need to see an endocrinologist to confirm this diagnosis.

4) White blood cells counts are high, this means that there is probably an infection that your body is fighting.

5) Epstein Barr virus antibodies are positive. The presence of these antibodies indicates that an EBV infection has occurred at some time recently or in the past.

In my opinion, these are the most important findings that are not in range.

I suggest you see an Endocrinologist for further evaluation and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi