Are herbal medicines like Oronerv, Acidim, and Activiz a good option for treating varicocele?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Jul 2018 in Men's Health
Question: Hello,
I've had varicocele in the scrotum (left testicle) for a long time now. Did not know I had it until I felt down there, this was not recent when I felt down there.

I've looked into surgery, but really don't like surgery.

Can any good, honest urologist out there help me with good advice on whether or not I should take these medicines by Grocare XXXXXXX - Grocare XXXXXXX offers a completely holistic approach. Just three medicines – Oronerv (previously Nervica), Acidim and Activiz –help to restore your body’s natural pH and reduce the toxic burden.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information and post reports of investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
Varicocele is a clinical diagnosis or confirmed by Ultrasonography with color doppler examination?
What are the symptoms?
Please post reports of investigations.
Any other information. All these will help first to decide whether you need surgery or not.
Then we can discuss about the products by Grocare as you have mentioned. Why do you want to take these herbal preparations and who advised you?
Awaiting for your feedback.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 10 hours later
Thanks for the reply.
My Varicocele veins are hard. I have not received any pain in years. No discomfort too. And to answer your question, No, nobody told me to look into Grocare (herbals). I just came across Grocare while surfing the internet, trying to find answers.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As explained.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, Varicocele veins are never hard.
So it is important to go for ultrasonography with color Doppler of the area to get an exact diagnosis.
Please get these done and post the reports here so that I can assist you further...

Grocare products are claimed to be Ayurvedic and have no research noted well hence the Ayurvedic Doctor only can tell about these products.

My personal suggestion would be not to take such products unless your Ayurvedacharya has been consulted by you.

I hope this answer helps you.
Awaiting the reports.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 7 hours later
I have no clue what Ayurvedacharya mean.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
One who has Knowledge in Ayurveda.

Detailed Answer:
Ayurvedacharya is a person who has studied Ayurveda in College and Practicing as Vaidya. He is specialized in Ayurvedic preparations can thus can tell you the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 16 hours later
Can my primary care doctor tell me of one in the area?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I hope so.

Detailed Answer:
Surely yes, your Primary Doctor may be in a position to tell you about it.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Ok.
So, you need a ultrasonography with color Doppler of the area submitted to you on here?

Also, when I mentioned my Varicocele veins are hard, I meant they feel hard when I touched them in the past. I try not to touch them at all because I get worried touching might affect the circulation of blood in the veins, if there's any blood in the veins.

Also, would a Ayurvedacharya be able to tell me if Grocare is suitable for my current status of Varicocele?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let us get an exact diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Yes please, it is very diagnostic hence ultrasonography with color doppler should be done.
This will also clear about the hardness which you have mentioned.
Touching will not affect circulation so no worry about this.
Your Ayurvedacharya may be in a position to tell you about Grocare's role in Varicocele.
Let the investigations be complete to get an exact diagnosis so that further management can be done well.
Please get these done and post the reports.
Awaiting.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 days later
Would my primary care doctor be able to refer me to a Ayurvedacharya?

Would my urologist be able to give me a ultrasonography in paper form or something, so I can post it on here? And if he can, how would I post it on here from paper form?

Also, what exercises or workouts am I able to perform without hurting vericocele in the left testicle?

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YYYY@YYYY and attach with this query

Detailed Answer:
First of all let us get the proper diagnosis then only we can decide about the exercises and all.
You will have to talk to your Primary care Doctor about the reference.
You also have to know from your Doctor about the availability of the reports.
Once you get the reports you can post in the following ways:
You can upload images/reports with the help of the 'Upload' feature available on the right side of your page. Alternatively you can send to YYYY@YYYY

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 3 days later

Ok, thanks for the information.
I'm looking back at what things you have said, so I can gather the information.
Also, what fabric of underwear do you recommend for the varicocele to breath good? I wear loose underwear while sleeping.
Brief Answer:
Loose underwear.

Detailed Answer:
Absolutely correct, please use loose underwear.
Any investigations done till now?

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 9 hours later

I scheduled an appointment with my urologist, and will ask him about the available reports and will keep you informed.

Do you know what's the ideal underwear fabric to use?

Also, the last checkup from urologist was he said that the left testicle is hanging and he recommends using a tight underwear to keep the strain off the left testicle and to lift it up. I forgot to tell you this. I will get this information updated again when I see him again, just to be clear with him on whether or not using a tight underwear helps. I need the right information.

Thanks. Get back to me when you can.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pure cotton - Scrotal support.

Detailed Answer:
The better is the pure-cotton.
And the idea is to lift up the testes to give support, what we call as scrotal support.