Are heaviness in head, dizziness and balance issues signs of brain tumour?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Typing this for my Aunt she requested that i help her. She is 66 years old she is 5'1 and 128 lbs and light smoker. Currently, experiencing problems feeling heavy head like carrying a hundred pounds with no pain. However, has dizzy spells day and night. Also, Feels the need to hold on to everything when walking and feels like she is hopping instead of walking. She is worried could have brain tumor or hardening of arteries.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
CT scan is urgent here to exclude a brain mass or tumor

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

Headaches of this type associated with issues with gait, I agree with, it's cautious to exclude a brain mass. This could be a tumour or an abscess.

Some primary headaches like cluster headaches could present as such , with medical treatment all could be well.

I advice seeing your primary care doctor for a CT SCAN of the brain .

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best if health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T