Are headache and sleeplessness post mild head injury in children a cause for concern?
You can wait for now.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted the details of your daughter's fall and the symptoms.
In my opinion, it does not appear to be serious head injury, and you can wait for now.
She needs good rest, hydration and proper sleep. She would improve with that.
Only if she has severe headache, vomiting, double vision, drowsiness/disorientation, etc, she should be taken to the ER, and a CT scan should be done then.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
Amitriptyline would help.
Thank you for getting back and providing more information.
For stress related headaches, mainstay of treatment is non-drug therapy, which includes rest, relaxation, meditation, yoga, etc.
In terms of medications, amitriptyline tablets would be helpful.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drinking alcohol after mild head injury
- Suggest treatment for headache caused by a head injury
- Post head injury headache
- Can a head injury cause minor concussion and headaches
- Head injury headache treatment
- Suffered mild head injury will it be troublesome to fly
- Head injury eyes feel tired headache cause for concern
- Can a mild head injury make you dizzy
- Headache after head injury
- Is internal bleeding possible after a mild head injury