Are gluten intolerance, receding gum lines, breathlessness and chest pain?
Thyroid hormones should be checked;
Hello and thank you for asking!
Some of the symptoms you described can be due to thyroid pathologies.
Gluten intolerance has autoimmune origin as some of thyroid pathologies have, so they may coexist.
Thyroid hormones (TSH, Ft4 and Ft3) should be checked to confirm or rule out thyroid pathologies.
Hyperthyroidism ( overactive thyroid) can lead to permanent cardiac damage if untreated for many years, osteoporosis may be also caused by hyperthyroidism.
Hope i have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tired chest pain and breathless
- Subclavius chest pain breathless
- Tiredness chest pain breathlessness
- Thyroid chest pain breathless
- Breathlessness and mild chest pain
- Cause of chest pain and breathless
- Chest pain cough breathless
- Chest pain and breathlessness and sleepness
- Dull chest pain and breathless
- Chest pain breathless and nauseous
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?