Are fruit puree and solid foods safe to give a 6-month-old baby?
Start with liquids
Weaning should be done after 6 months of age. You can start with thick liquids like dal water or fruit juices, gradually move over to semi-solids or mashed foods, and subsequently start with pounded food.
Consider your ABCs - applesauce, bananas, and cereal (rice, biscuits dipped in milk, or roti softened with milk/water).
Boiled rice and dal with vegetables and give in mashed form. Gradually increase the amount and frequency. Introduce one new food item per week and stick to it at least for the week.
I would insist you to go through the following chart about what foods to give at what age:
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Problem in feeding solids to 7 month old baby
- Recommended 4months baby solid food g6pd positive
- Baby food 6 months ayurveda
- 6 month old bangladeshi babies food
- Piriton safe for 6 month baby
- 6th month baby food
- Calamine lotion safe to use on a 6 month old baby
- Is tulsi juice safe for babies of 6 months old
- 6months baby food khichdi
- Fresh fruit juices for eight month old baby