Are frequent urination, lump in the throat and white coating on the tongue symptoms of an STD?

Posted on Thu, 12 Sep 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I received oral sex from a csw in Morocco. I came back to the United States. Had a 4th gen blood test at 10 weeks and 6 months at a lab. But my tongue has had a white coating since 4 weeks after the encounter. (Online dentists say its not thrush) I also had frequent urination and lump in throat feeling, random body pains at 4 weeks. Now my hip and ankle hurt. Tested neg for all stds when i did hiv tests. Is this just anxiety, or could i be hiv2 seronegative? (Since the 4th gen does not test for hiv2 p24) or could it be a strain only in morocco not picked up by XXXXXXX tests?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is just anxiety.

Detailed Answer:

I have read carefully your history and I think you shouldn't worry because a 4 th generation HIV test after 6 months is very accurate and conclusive.

It is a good news that you are negative for all STD.

Furthermore you should know that there exist a low to no risk to get HIV after an oral sex .
A fourth-generation HIV-1/2 testing methods can detect HIV-1 antigen as well as HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies.
It is know that HIV 2 is found just in persons that live in XXXX.

Please don't worry you are free of HIV and this is just anxiety.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 6 hours later
so i should not worry about my ankle and hip pain being associated? ive also had dry mouth now for months. well only the roof of my mouth feels dry sometimes. i have a clear sticky saliva on roof of mouth. reason i ask about hiv2 is because i was in North XXXXXXX should the test ive taken in the US from quest diagnostics have a problem picking up hiv from another country. should i be worried about HTLV?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
You shouldn't worry about HTLV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Based on your sexual history and your lab result I think you shouldn't worry about HIV and HTLV.You should know that HIV and HTLV have the same route of transmmision.
A 4 th generation test can detect HIV 1-2 antibody from all countries.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist