Are frequent pimples on the face signs of STD?

Posted on Wed, 2 Nov 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi,

I had a sexual encounter with a masseur in XXXXXXX thrice in the last 3 months. In detail, she massaged my body with oil, then gave me a body to body massage and a handjob in all the three occassions. She once also inserted her finger slightly in my anal for some time. There was no oral-genital or genital-genital contact.

But since the past couple of months I have developed frequest pimples on my face, particularly near my eyes and above the upper lip. These are recurring pimples, mostly red in color but a couple of sores were a little white. Also, I started having whiteheads on my forehead too. I never had such an outbreak of pimples in my life and I'm worried I might have contracted herpes. Please guide me in whether I may have a chance of contracting herpes or not. If yes, how do I self diagnose. Do I need to take lab tests. It's been 10 days since the last meeting.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have acne

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

There is no risk of acquiring any STD from the kind of physical contact that you described. I dont think there is any need for testing.

Herpes presents either as fluid filled grouped vesicles on or near lips on face (Herpes labialis) Or on or near genitals (Genital herpes). The diagnosis is obvious on clinical examination.

It is unlikely that you have herpes. Your condition seems to more like acne.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist