Are fever, muscle pain and sore throat days post exposure signs of HIV?
HIV early symptoms occur after 2-4 weeks.
Thanks for your query at the HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.
I would like to tell you that HIV infection cannot manifest so early. It usually takes 2-4 weeks for early symptoms similar to flu. What you are experiencing is common viral or bacterial infection. You can get throat swab gram staining and culture done to establish diagnosis. Complete the antibiotics treatment as advised. Eat protein rich healthy and balanced diet. Drink plenty of fluids. Take appropriate rest. As far as if you had unprotected intercourse then I would suggest you to get 4 th generation HIV ELISA test at 12 weeks for conclusive evidence to rule out HIV infection.
Hope I answered your query.
Rating and review will be appreciated.
Dr Sheetal Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is calf muscle pain a sign of hiv
- Sore throat no fever 10 days
- Sore throat fever and chest pains
- Diarrhea sore throat fever hiv
- Sore throat and earache hiv
- Sore throat sign of hiv
- Sore throat jaw pain and fever
- Extremely painful sore throat hiv
- Can fever and sore throat be signs of hiv
- Loss of appetite sore throat after a day of hiv exposure