Are fever, headache, dry heaving, shivering and diarrhea signs of pregnancy?
we are not trying to have a baby, we last had sex on the 27th of February which was a Saturday, we used protection, as always, and this Friday just gone she had a dark brown thick discharge, and she had a lot of it, it only lasted Friday, the next day it went to red blood, like a normal period, then today she's just had little amounts of red blood (not spotting). Her last period date was 6th of February, they normally last for 4-7 days.
Today she's also got a fever, a headache, dry heaving, shaking slightly, she's had diarrhoea, her legs and arms have been aching, and she's just been sick, some of these are symptoms for pregnancy, but they are also symptoms of norovirus, and she does not drink a whole lot of fluid during the day.
Was wondering what your thoughts are as we really need to put an end to the worrying?
Hemogram, urine routine. Pregnancy chance is rare.
I have gone through your query.
I think I have understood your concern and I will try to suggest you best possible treatment options.
First of all do not worry.
As sex act was protected one and was on day 22 of the cycle, chances of pregnancy are very less. Do not worry about it
For her other symptoms, I will suggest to get a Hemogram and urine routine test done.
Please encourage her to eat small easily digestible feeds and drink plenty of water and fruit juices.
If you have further query, please revert back to me. You may get back with the reports as well so that I can decide further plan of management better.
i hope this answer helps you.
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever headache nausea vomiting diarrhea cramps night sweat stomach virus
- Nausea diarrhea fever headache
- Diagnostic dry tongue fever headache running nose
- Diarrhea nausea fever headache spotting no periods
- Diarrhea sickness fever headache aches and pains sleeping
- Diarrhea stomach cramps fever headache
- Symptoms fever headache diarrhea weakness
- Fever headache nausea fatigue no appetite diarrhea causes for symptoms
- Upset stomach fever headache diarrhea high bp at night remedy
- Nausea low grade fever headache during pregnancy
- What does my follicular study report indicate?
- What is the ideal time frame for taking emergency contraceptive pills?
- Is Meprate safe while planning for pregnancy?
- What causes throbbing abdominal pain after tampon insertion?
- Can Levonelle cause nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain?
- What is the possible weight of a 9 cm ovarian tumour?
- What does this thyroid test report indicate?
- What is Lupride injection prescribed for?
- What causes vaginal bleeding during ovulation?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and irregular menstruation