Are fever, cough, breathing difficulty and runny nose symptoms of strep infection?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Infections
Question: My girlfriend tested positive for strep. Is it possible that the test could have been confused for and std? If so which std could cause strep? Her symptoms were fever,coughing and runny nose along with trouble breathing
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this information fully. There is no STD that will give a false positive test as strep infection. Beside, the symptoms are typical for a strep infection. There is no reason to get afraid that you might be at risk as well. Be calm and relaxed about this.

I hope this calms your fears. I wish your girlfriend a speedy recovery. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.