Are fever, cough and boils on back and thigh signs of chicken pox?
Yes looks like it
Thanks for writing to us.
I have seen the pictures
Based on your description and the image, it could be chickenpox.
Confirmation will be by tzanck smear test for which you need to consult your local hospital.
Treatment is available for chickenpox.
I usually prescribe acyclovir tablets 400 mg four times daily for 5 days.
This needs to be taken after clinical or lab confirmation.
Continue paracetamol for fever.
Ensure he takes bath daily to help in healing.
He must drink plenty of liquids to keep him hydrated.
Keep him off school till lesions become dry and form scab.
Wishing your son speedy recovery.
As already mentioned in previous answer.
It might last a week.
If he becomes dull with poor intake and poor urine output better to take him to hospital. He may need Iv fluids too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difference between chicken pox and a boil
- Coughing up blood chicken pox
- Prolonged fever after chicken pox
- Remove chicken pox marks from back
- Chicken pox and chesty cough
- Suffering with chicken pox persisting fever cause of fever
- Lump at back of neck chicken pox
- Chicken pox severe cough mild fever medicines to be given
- Chicken pox fever duration
- Chicken pox fever elevated liver enzymes lethargic