Are fever and headache with pain in the neck and back indicative of the flu?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 5 Sep 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have a fever (101F), headache, neck pain, and pain in my back, shoulders, and right upper quadrant area. My blood pressure (140/85) and pulse (100) are up from normal. I'm not taking any medications. The symptoms came on suddenly. I'm thinking it's possibly flu or another viral infection. The pain in the upper right quadrant confused me, though.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, quite possibly viral.

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that these are all associated symptoms of a viral throat infection.

You need to start with proper medication to cut down the intensity and duration of the illness.

Along with that take warm water for routine drinking purposes, avoid cold beverage and freeze foodstuff.

It’s advisable to start with
1. Tab Paracetamol twice daily for 3 days for symptomatic relief.

Also ideally you should consult ENT specialist for evaluation and proper examination.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana