Are fever and gas pain normal symptoms after undergoing a c-section?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife delivered a baby boy on 26.2.2018. This is her second C section. We have a healthy baby of 3.5 yra old and wife has no related diseases. She had been administerd 1 unit of blood after the operation on 26.2.2018. Poat operation she has complication regarding gas problem ( chest pain) since 27.2.2018. Chest pain is reduced today after medication. She is suddenly having chills two times today. My question is that, during first baby delivery in 2014 there were no such complications but this time she has gas pain, fever which is worrying us a lot. She is admitted in nursing home since 26.2.2018 for the delivery procedure. Kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:

She needs to be investigated.

Detailed Answer:

As your wife is having fever with gastritis, she should be investigated and rule out the cause of the same.

Get her blood and urine examination done to rule out the cause of your fever. She can take antacid for gastritis. Fever could be due to urinary tract infection. See her stitch site for any discharge and breast examination to rule out breast abscess.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
which test of urine and blood we should go for?

Fever reduced with CACHPAR IV.

Doctors are reviewing the condition. Is the condition alarming?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 20 hours later
Brief Answer:

Get her urine r/m.

Detailed Answer:

You have to go for complete blood count, urine routine -microscopy and urine culture sensitivity.

No, it is not alarming if fever is not persistent.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Richa Agarwal, OBGYN