Are females with post partum depression more prone to anxiety?
recently i consulted online an ayurvdic specialist for muscle stiffness and achings. In his reply,one of the points was :
-- Recent Research/Study has suggested that females with PPD [post partum depression] are more prone to GAD [Generalised Anxiety Disorder], make sure Depression is not an issue with you.
PS. people with GAD are more sensitive to muscle aches/stiffness.
How can i know if it is there with me? Is there any online tests for that?
you can use edinburgh post natal depression scale(EPDS)
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
The point raised by ayurvedic specialist have definite value as around 25 % of women during post partum period experience depression and anxiety.
You can use Edinburgh post natal depression scale for this which is quite sensitive. Other than scales you need to inform me about other symptoms, if you have any, from muscle stiffness.
I hope this answers your question.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards
Dr Ashok Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of post-partum depression
- Symptoms of post-partum depression
- Hypermobility and post partum depression
- Treatment and cure for post-partum depression
- Post-partum depression causes
- Prescribing adderall for depression and anxiety
- What is the treatment for post partum depression
- Post partum depression circumcision
- Drugs/medication for post-partum depression
- Hashimotos disease and post partum depression