• question-icon

Are fatigue, shaking chills, sudden dizziness, depersonalization and palpitations symptoms of aplastic anemia?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I've been experiencing fatigue, shakiness, chills, sudden dizziness, depersonalization, and palpitations; particularly at night. I've posted a couple of questions; all of which doctor's have said I need to get tested for hypoglycemia. Could this rash, coupled with the above mentioned symptomsbe related in any way to aplastic anemia, or more likely folliculitis?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Aplastic anaemia is not a common condition.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

If we consider the symptoms and the rashes you have then I would keep the diagnosis of Aplastic anaemia in last. This is a rare condition and might cause rash, fatigue, drowsiness etc symptoms.

But yes if you are having fatigue, shakiness, chills, sudden dizziness, palpitations, depersonalisation etc symptoms that too in night then other causes like anxiety, hypoglycaemia etc should be ruled out. Even folliculitis could present with such symptoms and can result in rashes like you are having.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
I've noticed for the past two tests that my gloubulin has been low, (sorry if its misspelled). Does this have any correlation to symptoms as described?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please tell Albumin and Globulin levels.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Globulin levels alone carry not much significance. The levels of Globulin in relation with Albumin carry significance. Low Globulin can even be seen in poor nutrition. Please mention your Albumin and Globulim levels in follow up.

Thanks and Take care
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 19 hours later
Thanks, my brother.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Thanks and Take care

Detailed Answer:
Thanks and Take care
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 4 minutes later
Hey dude, I was diasgnosed with hepatitis C in 2008. All of my PCRs have been negative since. doc said this indicates the absence of the disease, and my body erradicated it. however, it still leaves a trace, or antibodies. Is this correct, if so, can it reoccur?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This means the disease is under control and viral titre is not detectable

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

If the PCR is negative multiple times then this means that the disease is under control but I don't think HCV is eradicated completely.

This might recur in future but I can't say this with confidence.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 minutes later
I didn't do anything for it to be negative. What wpuld cause it to reoccur. the dr told me it meqns my body got rid of it, and it's gone for good....so, can i pass this on via sexual intercourse, should i disclose this? its been negative since 2009
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are safe but should tell about HCV positivity in past to your partner.

Detailed Answer:
Hellpo again

If you haven't taken treatment and in repeated tests of PCR the result is negative with undetectable viral load then you are safe. But you should disclose to your partner that you had HCV.

You are negative since 2009 and this is very rare that you will come positive in future. So remain relaxed.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 43 minutes later
I've already disclosed. is it wise to advise that I had it before to peoplw, or not an issue
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No no need to tell others.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

No need to tell others about this. You are now negative and no need to worry. Get your titres checked regularly.

HCV can be transmitted by sexual intercourse but the infectivity is not very high compared to other viruses.

Thanks.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist