Are extra thin condoms able protect one from STDs?
when buying condoms I like to go with the extra thin ,
however are they as safe as condoms that are thicker ?
Can the microbes pass through the thinner barrier but wouldn't be able to go
through the thicker condom ?
Aside from herpes 1 & 2 can a man get std by french kissing or
performing oral sex on as girl ?
Risk for HIV through french kiss negligible,oral sex with girl is very low.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
All the condoms available in the market are made from good quality of latex rubber whether thin or thick and are able to protect one, from STD/HIV/conception equally. So you need not bother about the quality. Only thing we have to bother about is whether it lies well within the expiry date. Proper and consistent use of condom whether thin or thick offers 99% protection from STD/HIV/Conception.
French kissing and oral sex with a girl carry negligible to low risk for STD/HIV. We can not say as NIL.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Psychosomatic stds
- Can protected sex using condom lead to pregnancy
- Will condom give full protection from std
- Stds stringy bowl movements stds
- Antibiotics for stds
- The effects of stds
- Chronic prostate infection prevention always use wear condom condom condom condom condom condom condom
- Azithromycin and stds
- Is pregnancy possible while having protected sex with condom
- Do condoms provide 100 protection against hiv