Are excessive sweating, dizziness, back pain and weakness symptoms of carotid artery disease?

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I feel very weak and lightheaded, and then I feel real warm and I get the sweats, I have pain in my back and allover I have a critical blockage in my left carotid artery could that be the cause
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Carotid Artery Disease likely cause

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Sweating, numbness, dizziness and weakness are all attributed to the carotid artery disease. Back ache may be a sequelae or a separate entity.

Carotid artery blockage should be taken seriously as that can lead to brain ischemia and strokes. Lowering cholesterol, lowering weight, using blood thinner medications and considering carotid endarterectomy or carotid angioplasty are some of the options you can discuss with your endovascular surgeon.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan