Are enlarged lymph nodes in neck a cause for concern?
No need to be concerned.
Thank you for the query.
This lymph nodes can stay like that for a long time. Only some lymph nodes do disappear that quickly (in one month). In most cases, enlarged (due to infection) lymph nodes stay larger that before the infection and never do not turn back to normal size.
As long as this lymph nodes do not grow quickly, there is no new lymph nodes in other areas, no need to be concerned.
Thyroid ultrasound can be done and blood work (to make sure WBC are normal).
If it really scares her, she may force doctors to perform lymph nodes biopsy. But this is just to ease her mind.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Enlarged lymph nodes neck and face
- Enlarge lymph nodes neck and pcos
- Enlarged lymph node in neck post partum
- Diarhea enlarged lymph nodes neck
- Enlarged neck lymph nodes hepatitis
- Enlarged lymph nodes from sleeping on neck wrong
- Enlarged lymph node in childs neck
- Enlarged lymph node in neck fever elevated wbc
- Lymph nodes in neck and strained neck
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck