Are elevated calcium levels a cause for concern?
What percentage of people with elevated calcium levels will be diagnosed with cancer?
very prolonged inability to move around can affect levels
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic
Hypercalcemia is the term used to define high levels of calcium.
It can be mild, moderate or at crisis level and the type is based on the level of total calcium or free calcium.
Parathyroid hormone is a hormone in the body that affects calcium levels.
In 90% of cases of High calcium/hypercalcemia , there is an increase in parathyroid hormone levels or due to cancer.
Hypercalcemia can also be due to--(1)kidney disease
(2)side effect of medication
(3)disorder related to vitamin d
In terms of desk restriction-- long term immobilization (a person not able to move around much at all), can cause increased levels.
The additional blood work would help identify a cause
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated calcium level in women
- Slightly elevated calcium levels
- Elevated calcium levels
- Elevated calcium levels and enlarged spleen
- Elevated calcium levels in blood
- What causes elevated calcium level in blood
- Elevated calcium levels with hcg
- Elevated calcium levels and cancer
- Causes of elevated calcium levels
- Does cushings disease cause elevated calcium levels