Are elevated APTT and fibrinogen levels during pregnancy worrisome?
These are normal. No need to worry.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen all the attached reports. The raised levels of APTT and fibrinogen are normal during pregnancy. This does not indicate any clotting issues.
Pregnancy-induced hypercoagulability is probably a physiologically adaptive mechanism to prevent post partum hemorrhage.
Pregnancy changes the plasma levels of many clotting factors, such as fibrinogen, which can rise up to three times its normal value. Thrombin levels also increase during pregnancy.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated troponin level during pregnancy
- Elevated tsh levels during pregnancy
- Tpa fibrinogen monitoring
- Fibrinogen and sepsis
- Abnormal aptt causes
- Can i take riastap for congenital fibrinogen deficiency?
- Aptt normal lab values
- Aptt heparin therapy
- Elevated calcium levels during pregnancy
- Will riastap treat fibrinogen deficiency, congenital ?