Are dizzy spells normal while tapering off Lexapro?
Gradual dose reduction is advised to prevent withdrawal.
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries
Lexapro is a SSRI drug and the drug doses should be tapered gradually after prolonged regular intake. In my clinic I advise my patients to reduce the dose by about 20% every two weeks and then stop at about 6-8 weeks. The dose reduction in this manner result in easy tapering and thus smooth withdrawal. Even if gradual reduction is done even then some individuals suffer mild withdrawal symptoms like you are having. But in such cases benzodiazepines in low doses can help like you are using Ativan. Just try not to use this drug regularly. Use the drug in doses of 0.5-1 mg on SOS basis. If dropping from 10 to 9 resulted in symptoms then wait for a week on the same dose till the body get adjusted and then reduce again to 9 ml. This would not cause much symptoms.
Thanks. Hope this helps you. Please don't hesitate to ask again for more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weight gain while you are on lexapro
- Drinking wine while on lexapro
- Vaginal discharge while taking lexapro
- Taking ecstasy while on lexapro
- Taking a thermogenic while on lexapro
- Oxyelite pro while taking lexapro
- Lexapro while pregnant
- Foods to avoid while on lexapro
- Taking oxyelite pro while taking lexapro
- Drinking while taking lexapro