question-icon

Are dizziness, nausea, and diarrhea due to change of prescription from Atenolol/Chlorthalidone 50/25 to any other?

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018
Question: Already submitted and advised the doctor read my question
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows :

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that there is a possibility that your current clinical symptomatology be related to an adverse reaction due to drug intolerance.

In general this diagnosis is made by excluding other potential causes such as an acute inflammation/infection.

Coming to this point, I recommend to maintain a good hydration status and in case the symptoms persist to ask medical assistance to the nearest ER service at your living area.

Meanwhile, I recommend stopping the new drug prescription until the cause is made clear.

You should inform immediately your prescribing doctor on your current medical condition.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regatds,

Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist