Are diarrhea and swollen glands symptoms of HIV?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
2 weeks ago I had an encounter with a man. He had me suck on his index and middle fingers for about a minute and then he inserted his middle finger into my anus for about a minute. That was it. Later that day I developed swollen glands and 2 days later I had diarrhea that now comes and goes. The man says that I am not at risk for any STDs but I need an expert opinion. Is there any risk for HIV involved here?
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No there is no risk of HIV

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As you are not exposed to any secreations that pose a risk of transmitting HIV, there is no risk of contacting HIV.

Other symptoms like diarrhea and swollen glands are unrelated to HIV and your history.

So with your history you are not at any risk of contacting HIV. You just relax, if you have any further query please get back to me.

Thank you.