Are diarrhea and dizziness symptoms of pregnancy?

Dr. Ralph Chambers

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi

My husband and I are trying to concieve and get pregnant. I took an ovulation test Friday night and it said I was ovulating so we figured we would try to have sex a lil bit over the weekend. The only thing I've noticed off the last few days was heartburn a little Sunday morning, diarrhea late Sunday morning (with nothing to eat that morning) just dinner around 7:30-8:00 Saturday night and a little dizziness just now after my hot shower. What could this be? Early sign of being pregnant? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's common to misinterpret some physical signs when anxious

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

First off, it would be too early, were you pregnant, for a urine pregnancy test to register positive.

However, diarrhea and some dizziness are not the usual signs of pregnancy and, if by chance you had conceived, it still would be too early for, say, morning sickness or breast tenderness to show up.

The diarrhea is probably a viral enteritis and that should resolve in a few days.

Please let me know if you need any more information
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T