Are developmental delays normal in a one year old child?
Looks like neuro degenerative disease
I have seen the attached reports.
The first Mri shows features which could be due to low glucose after or before birth. But the current MRI shows features of the neurodegenerative disease.
This is very rare but still seen in babies.
This needs further evaluation like gene test to identify which type it is.
THERE ARE VARIOUS TYPES, WHICH NEED PROPER WORKUP BY PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGIST.
Try consulting an only pediatric neurologist in your area.
Get further workups done. Many of these diseases have no specific treatment. Physiotherapy, occupational therapy is a must.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Yes that's correct
Almost all loose stools at this age are viral or toxin induced. Bacterial infection is not likely if there is no blood or mucus.
Ors and zinc at 10 mg per day are the only medicines.
Ensure your child passes urine at least six to eight times a day to make sure the hydration is adequate.
If a child becomes dull, unable to drink ors, and if urine output is less, hospitalization may be needed as suggested.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Arun, Pediatrician, Pulmonology
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Normal for eleven year old child to masturbate
- Developmental milestone for 15 year old
- Child developmental delay hypospadias
- Developmental considerations for 17 year old
- Developmental stage of 38 years old
- Developmental history 36 years old
- Developmental changes in 40 year old woman
- Developmental stages of 16 years old
- Developmental milestone chart 15 years old
- Physical developmental norms for 3 4 year olds