Are deranged liver function test results and moderately elevated total and unconjugated bilirubin values a concern?
The three reports attached here are normal. There is no alarming features that you need to be concerned about. If you are absolutely normal without any medical complaints, I don't think there is a need for any specific tests. If you have any problems, let me know and I can refer other tests if needed.
Hope this answered your questions. Let me know if I missed any.
Deranged liver functions...
Thanks for providing details. I went through them with diligence. Now, all the reports are unremarkable except for three significant findings:
1. Deranged liver function tests. There is moderately elevated total and unconjugated bilirubin values. This kind of change is seen with an enzyme deficiency, the enzyme which metabolizes bilirubin It won't cause you any trouble. However besides bilirubin values, the liver enzymes ALT, SGPT as well as SGOT are also raised.
You should consider consulting a gastroenterologist who can evaluate further. In then meantime, avoid taking unnecessary medications and alcohol if any.
2. Vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D deficiency is very common in Indian's. It doesn't cause immediate health concerns. However over a period of time it might affect bones. I would start vitamin D correction. Supplement like D rise 60000 IU once a week for 6 weeks will benefit you. Discuss with your treating doctor.
3. Elevated homocysteine value. It risks you to atherosclerosis, strokes and cardiovascular conditions if unattended. Starting folic acid supplements is helpful in lowering homocysteine values. Discuss it with your doctor.
Besides these 3 all other parameters are unremarkable.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated liver enzymes and elevated bilirubin
- Liver functioning fine except elevated bilirubin
- Liver test bilirubin
- Elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin with mono
- Liver function test total bilirubin
- Liver function test results elevated total bilirubin
- Elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin
- What to do if the liver function test results showed elevated total bilirubin
- Liver function test bilirubin
- Total bilirubin liver cml