Are delayed periods indicative of pregnancy?
Due to hormonal imbalance.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As you are having prolonged menstrual cycle before also,it can be a normal delay in your case.
It could be due to hormonal imbalance but if by any means if semen goes inside the vagina,it can be due to pregnancy ( though the chances are almost nil).
Get your blood test( Hb),thyroid profile and pelvic ultrasound to rule out the cause.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
These symptoms are suggested of vaginal infection.
Sorry for such a long delay in my response.
These symptoms are most likely due to vaginal infection ( Vaginitis) caused by fungal or bacterial infection.
For this you can take antibiotics and antifungal after consulting your treating doctor as they are the prescription drugs.
Keep the area dry and clean.
Use cotton undergarments.
Use Betadine liquid to clean the area
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Richa Agarwal, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does delayed period indicate a possible pregnancy
- Can delayed periods or missed periods is due to pregnancy
- Can a delayed periods indicate early pregnancy
- Can a delayed periods only indicate pregnancy
- Is delayed period a strong indication of pregnancy
- Can four days of delayed period indicate pregnancy
- Can white discharge and delayed periods indicate pregnancy
- Could delay in period be a sure indication of pregnancy
- Does light spotting and delayed periods indicate pregnancy
- Does delayed periods indicate pregnancy