Are delayed periods indicative of pregnancy post ACL surgery?

Question
My girlfriend had ACL surgery a few weeks ago and the doctor said it would mess up her menstrual cycle. She’s 6 Days late but is experiencing the cramps she usually has before she gets it. I have not ejaculated inside her. Should I be worried?
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy needs to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
The precum can cause a pregnancy even if there was no ejaculation inside. As the periods are late it is best to do a urine test to rule out the pregnancy.
The periods can be delayed due to weakness caused by surgery but pregnancy also needs to be ruled out.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal