Are delay and difficulty in initiating urine after spine surgery normal?
difficulty in initiating urination could be due to spine surgery .
Thanks for query .
Difficulty in initiating urination after spine surgery is known to occur due to edema of the spinal cord and nerve roots involved in act of micturition .
It normally get resolved spontaneously over a period of time of 3-4 months .
You may take (Bethanechol ) twice daily will help to increase power of Bladder muscle (Detrusor)and efficient emptying of bladder .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed symptom after spine surgery
- Pain after c spine surgery in bisceps
- Frequent urination after spine surgery
- Coding spine surgery
- Anal and urine leakage cervical spine surgery
- Anemia after spine surgery
- Diarrhea after spine surgery
- Tranexamic acid spine surgery
- High blood pressure after cervical spine surgery
- Hematoma after spine surgery