Are deep breathing exercises safe for patients with COPD?
Yes, deep breathing exercises are useful in COPD.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
COPD is chronic obstructive Pulmonary disease. It is progressive in nature.
But with following things, you can definitely halt or decrease the rate of progression of COPD.
1. Quit smoking as soon as possible. This is the most important step.
2. Regular treatment with inhaled bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS).
3. Enroll yourself in Pulmonary Rehabilitation center where chest physiotherapy and deep breathing exercises are done. These will surely improve your lung functions.
4. Vaccinate yourself with pneumococcal and Influenza vaccines to prevent recurrent respiratory tract infection.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tryptomer for copd patients
- What is the cause of headache in copd patients
- Aggressive behaviour in copd patients
- Breathing difficulty signs from copd
- Stenotrophomonas pneumonia in copd patients
- Copd hurts to breath
- Prognosis of copd patients
- Copd bad breath
- Vibrating vest for copd patients
- Breathing inhalers for copd