Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Are darkening and inflammation of the tip of the penis indicative of STI?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2785 Questions
Is this a sign of STI, the tip of penis became a litte darker with some irritation but no pain in urine or ejaculation. I had unprotected oral sex with someone I know and trust but we had protected sex 4 weeks back.

Also had dry masturbation atleast 2 a week in last 3 weeks and this spot appeared a week back. It does not burn or hurt to pee but lot of white stuff accumulated underneath foreskin every morning.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I took a look at the 2 pictures you sent, and also read your history. This darker area appears to be an area of irritation which would likely be related to the dry masturbation.

The visual appearance of STDs that you might get from oral sex can produce blisters, a discharge, or a painless chancre (sore from first stage Syphilis). I do not see anything that looks like that here.

I recommend using lubricant during masturbation so that this is not irritated further. I expect the discolored area to go away within a week. If it does not but instead becomes more prominent, there is the chance it could be a fungal infection (not an STD) in which case send an updated picture and we will reevaluate. But it looks predominantly like irritation right now.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor