Are dark brown spots in the inner labia minora a cause for concern?
Can be harmless pigmentation.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Colour changes such as black spots/ brown spots / patches are common In the inner labia minora. Most of the times, these are harmless pigmentation changes, but you need a check up by a doctor to tell which ones are melanomas ( potentially cancerous ) . These spots might require skin testing or serial follow up to determine if they are benign or not.
Sometimes the spots are also related to hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle or due to ingestion of certain medications.
Meanwhile, allergy to latex, medicated tampons or sanitary pads, douches, lotions, gels, cleansers, wipes etc also causes chronic colour changes in the genital area.
Please consult a Gynecologist for the exact diagnosis, and appropriate testing.
Meanwhile, please avoid touching / eroding / squeezing the area.
Since it is painless and does not itch, do not use any kind of medication or ointment till the diagnosis is confirmed.
Meanwhile, get yourself and your partner thoroughly checked for STD s, as some of them might present atypical.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dark spot on labia minora what it could be
- Dark redbrown spot labia minora no pain or discomfort
- Dark fleshy spot on the labia minora
- Dark spot in labia minora
- Brown spot at top of labia minora
- Brown spots on labia minora
- Dark brown spots on labia minora
- Labia minora dark spot on the inside
- Dark spots on clitoral hood and swelling of labia minora
- Dark spots on labia minora after children
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...