Are cluster of tiny bumps in the head of penis signs of herpes?
Better to rule out herpes for a safer side.
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query with pictures and understand the concern.
These pimple looking bumps with other tiny bumps in cluster just below the head of penis could be due to friction or some bacterial infection or less likely herpes.
But I will want to rule out genital herpes by doing HSV1 and HSV2 antibodies testing for a safer side, if I would have your treating doctor because on few occasions (but not commonly),these kinds of tiny bumps or clusters seen in genital herpes,so better to rule out it after discussing to your doctor.
Also,let me know some more information.
Since when you have noticed these sore or inflamed bumps?
Do they itch or burn?
Any pain during urination?
Topical antiseptic cream or ointment application is helpful.Short course (for 2 or 3 days) of oral antibiotics would also be effective in this case.Your family doctor or some local physician may prescribe it.
To prevent recurrence, you should wash the genital daily and keep it clean.
Do not share towels or bucket of anyone,keep yours separate.
Wash your hands with antiseptic after applying cream or ointment.
Keep genital area dry and avoid wetness which could be favorable medium for bacteria to grow.
Avoid unprotected sex until the infection subsides.
Kindly get back to me with more information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Herpes on side of mouth bumps
- Itchy red bumps on penis that disappeared after itching herpes
- Having a whitish pus filled bump on the penis herpes
- Tiny bumps on soft palate is herpes
- Genital herpes clustered or single bumps
- Painful bumps on the penis unprotected intercourse is it herpes
- Bump on penis sebaceous cyst or herpes
- Reddish itchy bump on the penis no fever blistering herpes
- Bump on penis had unprotected sex herpes or syphilis
- Herpes bumps on face