Are chest pain and vomiting side effects of Livogen?
I am 14 weeks pregnant and my doctor has prescribed me Livogen manufactured by Merck Limited
for Iron supplement. Today I took it for the first time , I felt chest pain and had a vomiting like feeling instantly which went away within 3-4 mins. On searching on internet I found chestpain to be one of the side effects of the tablet.
Please suggest if it is safe to take this tablet.
Tablet Composition as written on tablet containing film
Ferrous Fumarate IP 152 mg equivalent to 50 mg elemental iron
Folic Acid IP ......... 1500 mcg
Start after 20 weeks
Thanks for your query.
I have read you query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply:
1) iron tablets do cause gastritis and hence chest pain.
2) You dont need to start iron tablet so soon. You can wait till 20 weeks.
3) Start the tablets again after 20 weeks and see if it makes difference.
4) If the problem persists change the brand of iron tablet and see if you get relief.
I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.
Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
Please let me know if it will be safe to take these tablet at 14 weeks with the side effect of chest pain. I am asking this because I want to understand if it will be good to take in case my doctor still ask me to take this.
Could you please let me know any alternate brand tablet name for the same
Thanks & Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is chest pain a side effect of nitrofurantoin?
- Omeprazole side effects chest pain
- Tdap side effects chest pain
- Is chest pain a side effect of sulfadiazine?
- Is chest pain a side effect of diethylpropion?
- Is chest pain a side effect of chlorothiazide?
- Is chest pain a side effect of lansoprazole?
- Is chest pain a side effect of glycopyrrolate?
- Clindamycin side effects chest pain
- Is chest pain a side effect of carbamazepine?
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?