Are chances of HIV transmission low from female partner to male through unprotected sex?
And i read online the chance getting hiv from F to M are low about 1 to 5000 or something. but i want to know if she has to unprotected sex with me that many times or with everyone . and i will be the unlucky one when we had . is there a chance she give it to me.
We had only sex for not more that 3-4 mins . and i am sure i dont have any wounds or cu ts on or near my genital area.
Hello and welcome,
I am sorry you are feeling worried about this.
The information you got online about female to male transmission being extremely low is not accurate at all. Unprotected sex for either gender poses a risk.
Since so much time has elapsed however, and you have not developed symptoms, it is less likely that you have it. However, the solution to your problem is simple: go have an HIV test done. Then you will not have to worry any further or think about how much time you had exposure, etc. The test at this point will be very accurate. You won't have to play guessing games in your head that lead to worry.
You can have a test done at your doctor's office, many community health centers or public health departments, or a Planned Parenthood clinic.
So go have a test done and you can put your mind at ease.
But another last week I had test for my immigration of TB nd spyhillis both came non reactive (negetive).
Is that any helpful before I go for test
Good newa s, I took a Ora quick 20 min test today and it came out negative..so it is pretty accurate .I want to believe that.
What you think?
Glad to hear you feel better now.
Yes, you can put that in the past now.
Good luck with your immigration, too.
Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, MD
1. I swabbed the upper and lower gum little fast then gently and i think i missed one or two gums on upper left corner. But i am sure i swabbed 90% of the gums on the test face.
2. And i drink a sip of water almost around 40 mins before the test and i know instructions said no drink or food 30 mins before the test. Am just little worried that results still accurate or need to retest?
Still sounds reliable
With the "no food or drink", you were still within the time frame they specified, and a bit of water will not alter things much except possibly within a few minutes of the test.
Regarding the surfaces you swabbed, it should still be accurate. Basically, the Ora Quick 20 min. test is for picking up antibody and is usually done shortly after exposure when antibody levels to HIV are still rather low. If at this point, if you were to have HIV, you would have an antibody titre that would be easy for the test to pick up.
So I don't think there is cause for worry.
And one more thing is it okay to use any side of the test face of that swab?
Ok if did a little faster than the video.
It should still be ok if you did it faster than the video.
About the side of the the test face of the swab, I don't know. That question I think would best be answered by the OraQuick support center hotline. Here is there number: 1-866-436-6527
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chances of contracting hiv female to male
- Chances of hiv transmission after protected sex
- What are chances of hiv after sex with multiple partners
- Chances of getting hiv in unprotected sex
- Chances of hiv infection female to male
- Chances of hiv from unprotected sex
- Male to female hiv transmission rate
- Hiv transmission female to male probability
- Had unprotected sex chances of contracting hiv
- Female male hiv transmission