question-icon

Are brittle nails, toe cramps and hair loss symptoms of magnesium deficiency?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I am experiencing the following & think I may have a magnesium deficiency; would you agree or no? Hair loss, brittle nails, toe cramps & eye spasms
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Possibly true of magnesium deficiency!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. I have reviewed the information fully and this is suggestive of a possible magnesium deficiency. However, this may mimic other disease conditions such as calcium deficiencies. For this reason, I will suggest that you get a blood test to confirm this. This way, we would be sure of treating what the real problem is an not blindly.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ivo Ditah