Are breathlessness and back pain signs of heart problem?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Valvular Heart Disease
Question: Hi,

Today, i felt breathlessness after playing badminton for 5-10 mins. I was able to breath 20-30% of my breathing capacity, which lasted for about 3 hrs.

I have been playing badminton regularly since last 8 months, but today, it was different. I had to exit the game as soon as the breathless increased consistently.

Inhad visited two Drs @Narayan Hrudalaya, Whitefield, XXXXXXX and carried out the following tests:
- ECG
- Echo screening
- TMT, and
- creatime kinaae(ck-mb) and troponin1

Everything seems to be normal. I do not have the breathless but it had developed pain in my back side.

Drs consulted at XXXXXXX Hrudalaya:
- XXXXXXX XXXXXXX MD, Pulmology dept
- XXXXXXX M Daware, Cardiology

I am reqching out to for the second opinion as i am not able to get the root cause of this issue.

I am lookimg forward to hear your consultation.

Thanks,
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to do with heart...

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Normal TMT and ECHO have practically excluded heart, as the cause of your symptoms….
Normal Troponin has excluded heart attack at the time

You need to consult a Pulmonologist (Lung specialist_ for further assessment and assistance…
An X-ray (may be CT) chest and PFT (Lung Function Test) can evaluate the lungs…
With a view to rule out rather than rule in…
Probably, it is muscle sprain, from unusual strain and posture that time….

Good luck
God bless you