Are blood sugar levels of 200 require medical attention?
My blood tests every morning reveal a reading of 174 to 193 normally. The median being around 176. Sometimes a bit higher if I am not careful about what I eat.
I have asked my doctor, several times, whether my readings are too high. She doesn't be too concerned. I am told my readings should be much lower, perhaps 140.
The question being, is a blood reading of 200 a level to be concerned about? Should my metformin be increased? My body tolerates metformin poorly as it is. Increasing dosage seems to me to be counterproductive if it makes me ill and does not significantly lower my blood sugar level.
What is your opinion of my current blood sugar levels? And what is the lowest level of blood sugar consistant with probable body damage? If I can hold the blood sugar level to under 200, is it probable that it will not endanger my health?
It not within the range but at the same time it is not too high.
Actualy,Your blood sugar results are not good.(this is my opinion).
This means that you need to be more careful with the diet and to do more physical activities(if ther are have not contraindications.)
A blood reading of 200 is not a very high level,don't worry.But at the same time it is not XXXXXXX especially if this is a fasting result.
In my opinion you should not increase the dosage of metformin,to stabilise your diabetes numbers.You may need to increase the dosage of Glyxambi and at the same time to start a good diabetes meal plan.
Glyxambi 25/5 is a combination of 2 drugs: empagliflozin and linagliptin.
It is used with a proper diet and exercise program to control high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
You should know that controlling high blood sugar helps prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, loss of limbs. Proper control of diabetes may also lessen your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
If you hold your blood sugar level to under 200, is it sure that it will not endanger my health.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Elona Xhardo, Endocrinologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- At what level of blood sugar is insulin required
- Blood in urine does it require medical attention
- Diabetic patient high alkaline phosphate levels esr medical attention required
- What temperature requires medical attention when pregnant
- Does fluid in the arms require medical attention
- Coughing sneezing vomiting episodes medical attention required
- Severe migraines high blood pressure medical attention required
- Is immediate medical attention required for loss of memory
- Is attention required if sick when after zpak medication
- For dark bown urineis medical attention required
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and cough
- How to transform from a male to a female?
- What causes nausea, headache and low basal body temperature?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of peripheral neuropathy
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss while treating hypothyroidism
- Does intake of Omeprazole have an effect on Insulin secretion?
- Suggest treatment for water retention and edema
- Does Metformin interact with Glipizide?
- Is honey a good substitute for sugar while having diabetes?
- Is TPO antibody level of 1,189 a cause for concern?