Are blisters around mouth associated with herpes infection?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi
i have a ? i have been going to a weightloss dr taking phetermine and b12 injections and lipo injections..
after a month on these medications ive notice bumps or blisters that got big and i bursted it and it didnt hurt or anythng . i also notice these white spot on tip of tonque and my blister healed. i still have feel like i have somthng in my throat it doesnt hurt or anythng it jus uncomfortable.. i had went into the er cause i also have groin abcsesses on my private area... i got scared that it could be herpes type 1 i got tested and it was negative is it possible to get blisters on lips and not be herpes.. im going to go get re tested again to make sure.. tha ks i advance
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Many other causes also present, need to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Sores or blisters around the mouth are indeed commonly associated with herpes, but there can ve various other causes as well, and I shall go ahead and list them out for your reference:

+Medications that can cause immunosuppression (e.g. methotrexate)
+Infections
+Nutritional deficiencies (e.g. Vitamin B1, 2, 6, 12; folic acid, etc.)
+Low immunity
+Sexually transmitted infections (e.g. herpes or syphilis)
+Systemic conditions also causing immunosuppression (e.g. systemic lups erythematosus, Crohn's disease, etc.)
+Stress

So you need to know that there are many factors that can cause such a presentation, so make sure you and your doctor work towards finding the exact cause and addressing it accordingly.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.