Are bilirubin levels of 1.3 indicative of liver issues?
My email is YYYY@YYYY
No, it is not a significant change
The units that of the results are not mentioned.
Normal total bilirubin levels are approximately (change slightly from one lab to the other)-- 0.1 to 1.2 mg/dl (2 to 20 micromol/l).
Your value of 1.3 is only just above the range of 0.1 to 1.2 mg/dl, which are a most likely range that you are dealing with.
It would not be considered a significant change
Bilirubin is not interpreted on its own but with other liver tests like the liver enzymes- AST, ALT, alkaline phos, GGT.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
No, no need to worry
No, you should not be concerned because the level is not significantly high.
There are no medical conditions that would affect you with this slight increase.
The Naproxen should not have played a role in the results.
Please feel free to ask anything else.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Liver cleanse lower bilirubin levels
- Liver disease triglyceride bilirubin
- Does raised bilirubin level in blood indicate any liver dysfunction
- Liver disease and bilirubin levels
- Elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin
- Bystolic liver bilirubin
- Liver enzymes and bilirubin bodybuilding
- Bilirubin and liver damage
- Cod liver oil and bilirubin
- Liver failure bilirubin count
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?