• question-icon

Are balancing issues and painless twitching of the thumb signs of thyroid storm?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: HI I have hashimotos. I also may have infections in the body. I have been having balance issues, listing the left side, strong pulse but low to good blood pressure (i check it at home). I also have painless thumb twitching. I am not sure if i should go to urgent care....worried about thyroid storm but of course it could be many things. at the moment my temp is 96
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Are you sweating?

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Sweating often accompanies thyroid storm. If you aren't at this time, i will suggest that you stay back and observe only. Could you also count your pulse and report the value to me? A temperature of 96 is not also in support of this. These symptoms are more incidental than suggestive of a disease.

I will suggest you observe only for now. Further measures would be taken if something else comes up.

I wish you well and feel free to follow up with me if you have any further concerns.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 minutes later
It is now 94 it was 107. at night sometimes i can have chills or sweaty palms. it can be worse around 6pm on. The balance issue the hardest thing. I did schedule an doc appt for next tuesday to get a primary care doc. I also just started having slight headaches or pressure but also have some sinus stuff. sorry this is so wierd.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is not a thyroid storm!

Detailed Answer:

This is not a thyroid storm. Keep monitoring and recording the values of pule, blood pressure and other symptoms to allow for comprehensive review by your doctor during the next visit.

I hope this guides. Keep me posted and updated.
Dr. Ivo Ditah