Are ayurvedic medicines safe to take along with Glycomet sr 500?
The efficacy of these Ayurvedic medication is not proved.
Dear XXXXXXX Sir, Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on Healthcare Magic.
From the given history you seem to be suffering from diabetes mellitus & hence prescribed the medications Glycomet SR 500 mg twice daily for the control of high blood glucose (sugar) and to prevent its complications.
1. As far as the Shilajeet is concerned it is being used by the Ayurvedic physicians for the prevention and treatment of diabetes. However, due to its strong ability to lower blood sugar, you need to carefully monitor the blood sugar level while taking the Allopathic medication Glycomet SR.
2. Chandraprabha Vati is also an Ayurvedic medication found to be useful in the treatment of diseases of the urinary system such as benign prostate enlargement, suppression of the urination, stones in the urinary tract, infection, etc.
Since there is no documented clinical efficacy of these Ayurvedic medications in the treatment of diabetes mellitus, you are therefore advised to take utmost care and discuss about these medications with your treating physician as long as you take Glycomet SR.
Hope the suggestion given above would be useful to you.
If you have any thing more to ask, kindly send your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stopped glycomet sr tablet
- Glycomet sr after meal
- Why is glycomet sr used
- How glycomet sr 500mg helps in reducing weight?
- Role of glycomet sr 500mg in pcod patients
- Glycomet sr 500 mg
- Does glycomet sr 500mg reduce diabetes
- Glycomet sr 500 for follicle growth
- Difference between glycomet and glycomet sr
- Glycomet sr side effects