Are antibiotics essential to treat diverticulitis?
i need antibodics for diverticulitious
Depending on the severity of diverticulitis.
I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but mild cases of diverticulitis will not require the administration of antibiotics except in immunocompromised patients , diabetics and old ages.. while in severe cases of diverticulitis an antibiotic course is indicated..
I hope I answered your question.
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diverticulitis of larynx
- Is nitrofurantoin as effective as flagyl for treating diverticulitis
- Antibiotics for diverticulitis treatment
- Antibiotics for diverticulitis flare up
- Natural treat diverticulitis symptoms
- Diverticulitis symptoms of diverticulitis
- Clarithromycin to treat diverticulitis
- Diverticulitis antibiotics gp notebook
- Hypothyroidism and diverticulitis
- Clarithromycin for diverticulitis