Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: How Breathable are Tegaderm Wound Dressings. I have cut on my leg, how much moisture vapor escapes from inside out? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Eni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Just the right amount

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Tegaderm Wound Dressings are waterproof sterile wound dressings, and they have developed a technology that allows them to 'breath'. They allow moisture vapor and oxygen to exchange inside/outside the dressing, while providing inside a moist environment where healing can happen faster. Again, the amount of moister is right about the perfect one.
So, I recommend using one, especially if you are active and you need to move around. Tegaderm helps you keep your wound sterile and moist at the right amount.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Manoku Eni M.D.l
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Eni 13 minutes later
So, it's not 100% breathable, is there a % threshold?
XXXXXXX

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Eni 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
100% perfect

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
As I said earlier, the Tegaderm wound dressings allow exchange of vapor and oxygen. They are 100% breathable, meaning that the moisture inside your wound will never be more than needed, and that the oxygen inside your wound will never be less than needed. With other dressings there is a danger that your wound will not breathe, thus accumulate moisture or suffer from lack of oxygen. On the other side, open wounds without a dressing get dry, even though they have oxygen. These makes them prone to infections and slows the healing do to the lack of moisture.
The 100% breathing technology of Tegaderm, helps you heal faster.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health