Are TSH levels of 4.132 indicative of hypothyroidism?
About TSH level:
The value you reported is at the upper normal range.
Usually, we do not excpect symptoms of hypothyroidism as long as TSH, Ft4 and Ft3 are within the normal ranges.
There are a few cases when the symptoms of hypothyroidism are present with TSH at upper normal ranges, a low dose of levothyroxine ( 25 mcg) may be suggested to keep it in the middle range and improve the symptoms.
Check TSH 6 weeks after starting levothyroxine to ve sure that TSH is at the desired level.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Mirjeta Guni, Endocrinologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Normal tsh levels hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism high tsh
- Tsh t4 levels hypothyroidism
- New tsh levels for hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroid tsh levels normal weight loss tips
- High tsh levels hypothyroidism
- Tsh in hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism tsh is 56 is this level ok
- Secondary hypothyroidism tsh levels
- High tsh levels hypothyroidism patients
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?