Are Saaz, Wysolone, HCQS and Shelcal safe during pregnancy?
My wife taking below mentioned drugs for Inflammatory arthritis
saaz 500 mg 1-1-1,
Wysolene 2.5mg (Alternative days ),
HCQS 200 mg 0-0-1,
Shelcal 500mg 0-0-1.
She is pregnant now 4-5 weeks completed. Is it safe have all above drugs during pregnancy ?
Note: Gynecologist advised that HCQS and Saaz are not safe during pregnancy.
Only Shelcal is safe.
Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through the medical history of your wife in detail.
Out of the drugs that she is presently taking, HCQS and Saaz are strictly contraindicated as these are known to cause abnormalities and anomalies in the baby.
Wysolone, comparatively safer, but still it can cause hormonal changes in the mother as well as baby and hence it would be better if she avoids taking it.
Only Shelcal is safe to be taken and she should continue to take it during pregnancy.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.
Rhematologist may reduce the dosage or advise to take alternative drugs which are very safe at during pregnancy.
Please i am awaiting for your reply.
Better to avoid abortion.
Yes, abortion now will cause pregnancy issues in later age.It is always better to avoid abortion.
You can ask a rheumatologist for safer drugs in pregnancy but as far as I know,all anti - rheumatic drugs are harmful and no such safer drug is available at present.
My suggestion would be- If the arthritis pain is bearable,continue with pregnancy.
For minimal pain, you can apply local ayurvedic/herbal oils.
Paracetamol is well tolerated and she can take it whenever the pain is more.
Avoid all other drugs. Shelcal should be continued.
Consult your gynecologist doctor before taking a final decision.
Dr. Mahaveer Patil , Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shelcal 250 during pregnancy
- Hcqs and pregnancy
- Shelcal hd during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take wysolone during pregnancy
- Is hcqs n asprin safe in pregnancy
- Shelcal 500 during pregnancy
- Shelcall tablets during pregnancy
- Is wysolone safe during pregnancy
- Rheumatoid arthritis positive hcqs200mg medication safe during pregnancy
- Whether hcqs is safe during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?