Are Pristiq, Surgesic and Lyrica safe?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Sat, 31 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi my man has got a Brocken ankle. He has been having treatment for it for over two years. Tha bocs have got him on circadian 2mg , imovane 7.5, pristiq 100mg, surgesic 25 mice, lyrika 75 mg, my man is in pain all the time with problems sleeping, sleep working, nose bleedes and cramps. Can you help and are all the meds safe to take he has bean on them for over two years. Thank you for only help.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are mostly for sleep

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. Most of drugs he is taking are for sleep, and for depression prevention. Surgesic is a pain killer and it should not be taken for long time as it can cause kidney problems.
So I would suggest you to stop this and take Tramadol or Etorixoxib which are better for long term.
It would be better if he also take Methyl cobal tablet and carnisure which will reduce cramp.
Broken ankle must have been united till now. Avoid pain killer if possible,
I hope this answer will be useful for you. let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D