Are Paxidep-Cr and Etizola Beta effective for severe anxiety and depression?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 19 Mar 2019 in Mental Health
Question: Hi Doctor
I am in a sever anxiety disorder and depression i stay in XXXXXXX one of my Asychatirest suggest me Paxidep CR 125 mg once a night and etizola beta 0.25 / 20 mg ( Twice a day). my anxiety and depression is from last 4 months. but i have done some homeopathic medicine but in vain no result. My mother is trying to coll me that it will go dont take medication. but i cannot concentrate on anything. my mood is very low. no wil ldo to anything.
Does this table relives my problems i had started to take from yesterday. can i be again the same person which i was previously enjoying and working life
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, they are effective medications.

Detailed Answer:

First of all, I like to inform you that when the anxiety starts affecting your performance, is considered as a disease and needs treatment. Unfortunately, the traditional system of medicine (homoeopathic, ayurvedic) have limited options when it comes to management of anxiety and I think no result with homoeopathic medicine speaks about it.

Secondly, anxiety disorder is unlikely to go away by itself without consistent efforts. You need to follow your doctor's advice along with taking medications. The prescribed medications are well studied for anxiety disorders and it is expected that there will be some relief by one week period. However, I like to clarify the complete response may take 8-12 weeks.

I hope this helps you.

Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.

Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for the reply.
My doctor advice 15 days medication. The effect of tge medicine will be afeter a week as per him.I think i wasted my time in homeopathic medicine which i am taking for last 1 month.
I gave lost my job in sept and suffered from dengue in nov. And from that day slowly my anxiety began. I was physically feated of this denfue disease. So small snall things in my body i used to fear.

Will i be able to be the same as before. Enhoying social life and going to work.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, most likely.

Detailed Answer:

Hi XXXXXXX,

It is true that most anxiety disorders start after major life events including illnesses and cause a devastating effect on the individual.

I think the same is true for yourself as evidenced by loss of job and suffering.

However, it is also true that after proper treatment recovery can be expected in full form. I must caution you that 15 days is never enough to cure anxiety disorder but they are often enough to see some improvements. Most anxiety disorders take 8-12 weeks as a minimum to have full control.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 22 hours later
Hi thanx for the reply. After taking etizola beta. One morning and one night ifeel very sleepy in middile 10.00 am . I tols doctor and he adivised to take only in the morning and stop taking at night. Is it correct?
What is etizola beta for? O usuaaly have sleep every night but not sound sleep
Brief Answer:
It is for anxiety.

Detailed Answer

Hi XXXXXXX,

Etizola beta is for immediate control of anxiety and can cause sedation as a side effect. I think your doctor advised rightly by reducing the dose of Etizola beta when it was causing side effects.

The effect on sleep can be expected in the coming weeks when the anxiety is controlled.

I hope this helps you further.

Thanks and regards,
Dr. Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad