• question-icon

Are Pariet, Coversyl and Concor available in USA?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My husband was recently treated in Singapore hospital after having a cardiac incident that caused Atrial Flutter, enlarged heart and pulmonary edema. He has just arrived back in the states and needs follow up
They prescribed some meds 3 of his prescribed meds I can not locate here in the Web MD. as to what they are.
The meds are-- Pariet 20mg 1 tab q AM , Concor 5mg 1 tab q AM, and Coversyl 5mg 1/2 tab q AM.
Would you direct me to where I can research for purpose etc and what USA med is comparable?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain as follows:

1. Pariet 20mg is a PPI drug also called Rabeprazole. It is used to prevent heart burn from the stomach or in duodenal ulcer. It is used in the USA wit name Aciphex or Aciphex Sprinkle. If you can not find it, you can use pantoprazole or omeprazole instead.

2. Concor is a beta blocker drug, also called bisoprolol. You can find it in the USA with the names Monocor, Zebeta.

3. Coversyl is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. Its pharmacological name is Perindopril. You can find it in the USA with the name Aceon.

I would also recommend consulting with a cardiologist to evaluate again his cardiac function and structure. I would advise performing some tests for this purpose:

- a cardiac ultrasound
- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to examine his heart rhythm trends during the day and exclude possible cardiac arrhythmia.

Anti-platelet agents or anti-coagulation therapy may be needed.

You should discuss on these issues with his cardiologist.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 14 minutes later
Dr. llir,
Thank you very much for your quick response.
In Singapore they did an Angiograph with no blockages found.
They then did a Cardioversion which was successful and after couple days of observation I was released to resume light duty but my company opted for me to fly home to recoup.
They started me on Xarelto 20mg 1 tab dly in AM as an anti-coagulant while in hospital and have given me enough until I am seen by Cardiologist.
Again my sincere thanks for your quick response.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

I am glad to have been helpful!

I agree with the doctor choice to start Xarelto in this medical condition.

I would recommend performing periodically scheduled follow ups every 6 months with cardiac ultrasound and resting ECG to closely monitor your husbands cardiac structure and function.

You can ask me directly at any time if you have any other uncertainties at the link below:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=69765

Best wishes,

Dr. Iliri
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist